Mirrored furniture items are, no doubt, some of the best pieces of furniture that you can consider choosing to improve your interior home decor. I’m saying this because they’re perfect for any type of style and design you may already have. If you’ve ever used mirrored furniture in your home before, you’ll agree with me that the pieces are great for brightening the room.
As important as mirrored furniture items can be when used for interior home decor, it’s worth knowing that they aren’t without their issues. If they aren’t properly cared for, the items can pick up scratches easily. This is why it’s essential to routinely check the furniture, ensuring they aren’t damaged.
Are mirrored furniture items hard to keep clean? Does mirror furniture scratch easily? What is the best way to get scratches out of your mirrored furniture? As you read through the rest of this article, you’ll find answers to these commonly asked questions and more.
Is Mirrored Furniture Hard To Keep Clean?
For those who don’t know, mirrored furniture is any type of furniture that comes with a surface made of mirrored glass. Mirrored furniture has been around for a while. Matter of fact, they have been very popular since the 1920s and 1930s.
Today, some designers will argue that mirrored furniture items are already out of style for interior home decor. However, that’s not entirely true because of the versatility of the products. Mirrored furniture is more of a symbol of glamour and apart from that, it can go with almost any type of design and style.
Furthermore, mirrored furniture items come in different designs and styles. The most common of them are those that come with carving designs and tinted mirrors. Also, additional designs are often added to mirrored furniture items through a process, called etching.
Here’s Why Mirrored Furniture Items Are Hard To Clean
Mirrored furniture items are made of different materials, such as glass, steel, and wood. They are known to be sassy and sophisticated, which is why they’re usually expensive to maintain. Furthermore, mirrored furniture items require a lot of tender loving care. They attract dirt, including oily fingerprints and smudges easily.
Now, let’s go back to the burning question of whether or not mirrored furniture is hard to clean? To answer that, I’ll say yes, the items are usually difficult to maintain. The reason for that isn’t really because they are difficult to clean. Instead, it’s because they get dirty quickly.
The bottom line is that mirrored furniture is not hard to clean. They are sassy and sophisticated and because of that; you need to follow the right tips to tidy them up regularly.
Does Mirrored Furniture Scratch Easily?
Some of the most common types of wear and tear on mirrored furniture items are cracks and scratches. Speaking of scratches, they can be available in several different forms. The most common ones are known as fine scratches. The only way you’ll be able to notice this type of scratch on your mirrored furniture is when light hits the surface of the item the right way.
Furthermore, it’s worth knowing that mirrored furniture items can always last for many years without any scratches. However, this will only be possible if you take good care of them. For instance, fine scratches are usually caused by poor cleaning practices. This includes using the wrong cleaning materials and toxic chemicals on the surface of the furniture.
The bottom line is that mirrored furniture items can scratch easily. However, most times when this happens, it’s usually because of poor cleaning practices employed for the items.
Here’s How To Prevent Your Mirrored Furniture From Scratches
According to the popular saying; prevention is way better than cure. This is certainly true for mirrored furniture items – preventing them from scratching is better than looking for workarounds to eliminate scratches on them.
You can check below for tips regarding how to keep your mirrored furniture from scratches and cracks:
- Let’s start with the placement of the furniture. As earlier mentioned, mirrored furniture items can go with almost any style and design. However, don’t because of that, decide to place them anywhere around your home. When planning to keep your mirrored furniture items in your home, make sure you avoid placing them in high traffic areas and behind doors.
- Another way to scratch mirrored furniture easily is when you carry them from one place to another. If it’s important to carry them, ensure you’re extra careful by covering the surface with soft clothes.
- A good way to avoid scratching your mirrored furniture is by placing them from the reach of your kids and pets. In addition to that, also avoid keeping sharp and rough objects on them.
- Above all; avoid using paper towels and harmful cleaners when cleaning the furniture items. The best you can do is to get soft towels and glass-safe cleaners. This way, you can always prevent your furniture from scratches.
How Do You Get Scratches Out Of Mirrored Furniture?
There are a couple of ways to remove fine scratches from your mirrored furniture items. All you need to do is to trace the surface of the furniture and find the scratches. After that, use the simple and direct steps below to eliminate the scratches.
- One of the best ways to do that is by using a reliable glass cleaner to clean the surface. After every cleanup, use a kitchen roll to wipe the surface dry.
- In addition to the glass cleaner, you need to apply a good metal polish on the surface of the furniture. If you’re finding it hard to get a reliable metal polish, you can always use a combination of baking soda, water, and white non-gel toothpaste. With this product, all you need to do is polish the scratched area with soft cloth.